What students MUST bring:
- Sunscreen, Water, and Money.
- MDCHS shirt, MDCHS Sweatshirt, loose pants or long shorts, “Mom” jeans (loose-fitting jeans) or entire school uniform. Girls, if wearing uniform skirt, you MUST wear tights underneath. NO HOLES OF ANY KIND IN CLOTHES!
- NO LEGGINGS, NO SWEATPANTS, NO SHORT SHORTS AND NO HOLES OF ANY KIND IN CLOTHES!
- Closed toed shoes good for walking on dirt and rocks.
- Snacks and a disposable lunch or $ money to purchase lunch/snacks/water.
- We reserve the right to deny a student to attend if clothing is inappropriate.
Schedule at San Diego Zoo Safari Park:
- Check in at the front gate at 9am.
- 9:30 am-11:45 am tour the Safari Park and eat lunch.
- Walk to marker 10 to meet for lab at ICR at 11:45 am.
- Lab starts at 12:00 pm and runs until 2:00 pm.
- Students will explore how San Diego Zoo Global has contributed to the recovery effort of the vulnerable African elephant. Our reproductive endocrinology research will be highlighted, with students exploring and utilizing a mock competitive ELISA as a tool to diagnose reproductive state of our female elephants. After conducting their investigations, students will analyze, graph, and share their results, culminating with applying their knowledge to make recommendations for a mock managed care breeding program.
- 2:00-2:45 pm Walk back to the Safari Park and to the Exit and meet at the bus.